The main update to The Awesome Theory at this time is the implementation of a class system, but combined with that I have also designed a new header for the site that you will no doubt have noticed unless you are very new to the site. Here is a sample header image I will use to explain what is going on:
- Rank: This is your rank image and title. The only significant change here is that the rank image is larger than before. Clicking it will take you to your main profile page.
- Username: This is your user name. Clicking it will take you to your main profile page.
- Personal Banner: This is a new feature of the new header. This banner will only have messages aimed specifically for you, while the main banner will only have messages for everyone. The site is going to start generating more automatic banner for users when specific events happen, as well.
- Mullets: This is how many mullets you have. Clicking the number will take you to the mullet store. Hovering over the image will give you a tool tip that links to the blog entry explaining the mullets as currency system.
- Stealth Points (SP): Your SP display has moved from the right column to the header. Clicking the number will take you to the Special Abilities page where you can use those SP. Hovering over the image will give that link as well as the link that describes the SP and special ability system. The display is current SP / Max SP and as the image shows, it is possible go over your max SP.
- Promotion information: This is just a different way of showing the same information as before. Icons representing the six different requirements for promotion are shown, and if you have enough of that requirement for the next rank you will see a green check mark. If you do not, you will see a red X. If you hover over that red X, a message will appear informing you how much you are short.
- Shortcut Bar: This is basically the same as the Jumpbox, just laid out differently. One difference is that the logout link is now in this area - it is the last link on the right. Also note that configuring that bar is not yet operational, so the configure link leads to the blog entry discussing the jumpbox. That will be remedied in the near future.
- Class & Level: This is what the big update and main focus of this blog entry is. This shows your current class and what level you are. You can click on the class icon to go to your class information page. More on that below.
Overall, The header is more compact and professional looking and yet retains an incredible amount of user information without becoming too busy (in my opinion). You may notice that the Google search bar and ads are no longer in the banner. The Google search bar is now below the menu on the left side of the page and starting soon you will find some ads in-line with other content in the center section of content. Overall, though, there will be fewer ads, which should mean faster page loads for everyone.
Moving on to the class system - if you click the class image in the header it will take you to your class information page. Below the standard profile header you will see several section of information. The first is basic class information about you and your current class.
- Class Points: You currently earn class points from defeating monsters on the site. There will soon be other methods of earning these, such as by dueling other users or getting them in mullet hunts. Class points are used for three things. First, to unlock new classes. Second, to switch to new classes. Third: To permanently acquire class-specific skills.
- Attribute Points: Each time you gain a level, you will receive (10 x your new level) attribute points. You can use these points to upgrade whatever stats you wish.
- Experience: You gain experience from defeating monsters. When you gain enough experience, you will gain a level - more on that shortly.
- Attribute & Equipment Bonuses: This area shows what bonuses are awarded based on what class you are. Obviously, the initial class, Noob, provides no bonuses.
So then, what the heck are these attributes and what do they do? It is not very complicated. Here is the rundown on each one:
|Strength||Your physical strength - it increases your attack and your critical hit rate (crit)|
|Constitution||Your ability to absorb physical punishment - it increases your maximum hit points (HP)|
|Toughness||Your ability to repel physical punishment - it increases your defense|
|Accuracy||Your ability to successfully strike your intended target - it increases your hit percentage|
|Intelligence||Your mental capability - it increases the effectiveness of your skills and increases your maximum mana|
|Max Mana||Your capability to use skills - it increases the amount of mana you recharge over time|
|Dexterity||Your innate agility and speed - it increases your dodge percentage|
|Resistance||Your ability to shake off negative effects - it increases your resilience, lessens the effect of enemy skills, and increases defense against and recovery from status effects|
|Awesome||How Awesome you are - it increases your rating|
|Mulletude||Your charm and attractiveness - it helps others to like you and increases your mullet rewards when hunting monsters|
Below this area you will see an area where you can switch to a different class. Unless you have already unlocked a new class, this list will be empty like below:
To unlock classes, look to the next section below this one. That will list all the classes available to unlock. The classes are arranged in a tree, with previous classes requiring to be unlocked before subsequent ones will become available.